What's the Intraweb saying about walterwigglecheeks.blogspot.com?

In a recent self-critique, the blog was described as:
"Easily the most beautifully crafted body of blogmanship this world has ever known." - K. Allen

When asked for comment about the blog, a fellow student responded:
"I like pizza." - A. Tidwell-Neal

What does the "essence" of the blog say about the blog?:
"I don't know what you're talking about, I'm watching my show." - C. $

Monday, February 22, 2010

Weekly Awards

It is time once again to hand out the weekly awards.  You may notice there are a few new categories this week, which goes to show that if you do somethiing outrageous, you'll probably get an award for it.  Please feel free to submit nominations for awards in the comment section too.

Most prominent nickname for the Poo Bird: Slider
 - this nickname came as a result of the author saying: "I'm as tired as a hamburger."  Naturally, the Poo Bird is much smaller and cuter than the author, so Slider was a perfect fit.
- a special note about sliders.  I want to congratulate the restaurant industry for making it socially acceptable to have a cheeseburger before your actual meal comes.  We were all thinking, "man am I hungry, this giant bowl of pasta wont fill me up, I better have a few small cheeseburgers to warm me up."

Song of the week sung by the Poo Bird: Toes, by Zac Brown Band
- sample lyrics from the Slider, "Adios and vaya con migos, yeah I'm leaving VA..."
- actual lyrics, "Adios and vaya con dios, yeah I"m leaving GA..."
- sample lyrics from the Hamburger, "Got my ass in the water, toes in my hands..." (I thought it created a nice mental picture, somewhat like the kid from Billy Madison sitting on a fountain)
- actual lyrics, "Got my toes in the water, ass in the sand."

Self-appointed nickname of the week: *Tie* Joey Eastside and Mikey Big Time.
- normally the author prefers to distribute (and enforce) nicknames, but when self-appointed gems like these emerge, who can argue with their brilliance.

Best bar game of the week: Collin or 1920's radio broadcaster
- Hamburger and Mr. Mariachi (Tidwell) decided that Joey Eastside's impression of Collin sounded very similar to a 1920's radio announcer.
- Joey embraced this phenomenon and quickly produced several rounds of chatter in which the audience had to guess whether he was doing a Collin or 1920's impression.
- a special thanks for the multiple mentions of J. Edgar Hoover and Speakeasy's, those were real rib-ticklers.

1 comment:

  1. I believe this post qualifies as bringing the lumber. I'm actually breaking a sweat trying to withhold laughter while reading this in class.

    ReplyDelete